Soooooooooooo this year so far has been like…
J A N U A R YYY
F E B R U R Y
M A R C H
…and now we are at the end September! Phew! I don’t know how we got here so quickly, but what I do know is that I am ready for FALL! While fall is hands down my favorite time of the year mainly due to the combination of the trees changing colors, how the sun peeks through the sunny cool skies, the togetherness of friends and family on a hike or to an adventure to the pumpkin patch. And as the perfect bonus, there is always beautiful fashion that comes from this season!
As you may have noticed, Starbucks has already reinstated their pumpkin spice lattes (eww) and I’ve noticed a few stores break out the Halloween décor and candy (FYI Halloween is also my favorite holiday!)
And while this fall is a bit more special to me [I’ll be turning 30] I always find myself stuck in a weird paradox with my wardrobe, and I’m sure the rest of you can identify with this. You step out in the morning and there is a cool crispy start at about 60 degrees and by the time you leave at the end of the day it’s back up to 85 degrees and you JUST.CANT.
What are you to do? Well the best solution is to dress with transition pieces that can balance to what mother nature is doing outside during these awkward months until there’s a consistent weather forecast. In preparation for this, I’ve taken a look into my current wardrobe in combination with inspiration taken from Pinterest to bring you some ideas on how to make your wardrobe cozy through this transition season!
Each item has a link for you to shop! Let me know what are some of your favorites!
- Eyelet Detail Cropped Jumpers
- Lightweight Scarfs to wrap around your neck while its chilly and to later be used to hold back your hair in the afternoon
- Laser cut oxfords/loafer shoes. A 2-for- one combo. These will allow your feet to breathe, but also give you the coverage you need from soaking your toes in any unexpected wetness
- Faux Leather Satchel, backpack or hobo purse. Perfect outfit accessory and the best place to store you chunky sweater that you no longer need on your way during your evening commute
- Vegan Leather Embroidered Moto Jackets
- Silk Button Up Shirt. Provides the perfect coverage in the workplace and will help wick sweat in the warm afternoon through this breathable fabric. Bonus: This sustainable fabric will last you multiple seasons!
I update my Pinterest boards everyday with some of my favorite things, so be sure to follow along! Also don’t forget to shop my Poshmark Closet for awesome steals on some georges pieces to add to your closet this season!